background

Friday, October 25, 2013

Term 4 Week 1 - Ice Skating and Assembly

Congratulations to MG for recieving the first Special Terrific Person Certificate of Term 4 and to SD for recieving the values for 'Determination'.

We had an amazing number of 'determined' ice skaters on Wednesday at Paradise Ice Skating! It was an amazing trip where the children helped each other, worked together and showed great determination and perseverance to learn the skill of ice skating!

Here is a letter from one of the parent helpers who came and ice skated for the very first time....

Dear Room 19 (The coolest Kids in town!)


I just wanted to write to you all and say how special it was to be a Parent Helper on your excursion yesterday to Paradise Ice Skating.

 Firstly, I’d like to thank J.M for jumping up and down around me saying, ‘Yes, Mrs K, do it, have a go, put your hand up too!’ when Mrs McIntosh asked if any of the parents were going to have a turn. I wasn’t going to, but J.M helped me change my mind.

 Then, once I put those boots on and tried to step out on the ice, I couldn’t believe how hard it was!! All of you kids were out there, giving it a go. I was so amazed. Even though I was slow and nervous, no-one laughed at me. In fact, many of you came up and encouraged me. It was so special to be learning along side of you.

 Thank you to those of you who held my hand and supported me when I needed it. I ended up balancing more than I thought I could and the ‘thrill’ of skating started to sink in!  I loved watching you all skate and even though we were all at different levels, we were achieving something together and learning new skills.

Room 19, that was the best excursion I’ve ever been on! (and as a Teacher, I’ve been on a few!) I was so impressed with all of you giving something new ‘a go’. And despite some of you falling over quite a bit, you just got back up again, and again!

 Thanks for teaching me how cool it can be to take a risk, have a go and to get back up when you fall.

 Keep up the wonderful learning you are doing.

 With love, (and lots of ice!)

 Mrs K
 
 
 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave us a comment: